Hen Teriyaki is a well-liked meal in Japan, filling up lunchbox or bento packing containers. Teri demotes to the glossed shine that teriyaki sauce produces over the pores and skin of the rooster, whereas yaki means grilled. Roughly whichever reduce of rooster be capable to be used, nevertheless rooster teriyaki is probably the most generally served, which often with thighs or drumsticks which is filleted to ensure it cooks constantly.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 ounces boneless rooster (breast, tenders, thighs, whichever you like)
- 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- Mix first 3 elements altogether in bowl that’s large enough to know the rooster. Put within the rooster. Enable this marinate for about half-hour, overturning midway by way of.
- Warmth oil in a pan into medium warmth.
- Take away the rooster out and faucet dry. Reserve marinade. Place rooster pores and skin facet down in pan in the event you aren’t utilizing skinless and prepare dinner till it turn into brown on that facet for about a few minute after which flip over and brown the opposite facet.
- Spill out reserved marinade on rooster and canopy firmly. Decrease warmth and boil till rooster is cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Take out the duvet and carry warmth again to medium excessive. Lower marinade till it’s extra of a glaze. Flip rooster in glaze to cowl.
NOTE: You could certainly exchange the rooster with beef or pork on this recipe. Simply regulate the cooking for that cause.