German Almond Cookies Recipe
1 1/3 cups unsalted butter (softened)
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 1/3 cups ground almonds (blanched)
3 drops bitter almond oil (see note)
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1. Preheat oven (375°F, 190°C)
2. Grease baking trays
3. Mix butter with sugar until creamy. Add egg and egg yolk and mix until foamy
4. Add almonds and a few drops oil of bitter almonds
5. Add flour (mixed with baking powder) little by little and mix. The dough should be elastic, but will not be smooth
6. Filling the dough into a cookie press with big star nozzle or better into a meat grinder with a big star nozzle.
7. Make/press dough strings of about 2 to 3-inches. Form dough strings into rings, “S’,horseshoes or any other shapes you like and place on baking tray
8. Bake for about 12 minutes. Cookies should still be light.
Oil of bitter almonds: if you can’t find it, use almond extract.The dough is elastic but not smooth. So using a simple icing bag could be difficult. | use a meat grinder with a special cookie star nozzle. You can use a suited cookie press.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 132Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 47mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
© Dani Conde